THE ESTABLISHED ORDER OF THE RA OF ADMITTING DIASPORA ARMENIAN AND FOREIGN APPLICANTS TO HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN 2009
1. To admit the documents of Diaspora Armenian and foreign applicants:
a. for studying in Bachelor’s programme in the form of student scholarships given by the government, namely the full compensation of the tuition (free of charge) with full-time teaching from this 1st of July to 20th of August inclusive,
b. for studying in the preparatory course department from this 1st of July to 6 th of November inclusive.
2. Diaspora Armenian and foreign applicants are admitted to the preparatory course department on the basis of investigation of the applicants’ documents. According to the results of knowledge assessment the applicants can be admitted to the first course.
3. Knowledge assessment is realized according to the established order of the same educational institution and the general programme of secondary education of the RA. The order of knowledge assessment and the methodical guides of the educational institutions in the RA are submitted to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Armenia till the commencement date of admitting the applicants’ documents the same year (the time limits are fixed by the order of the minister of Education and Science of the RA).
4. The committee involves representatives from the Ministry of Education and Science and those from higher educational institutions of the RA. The committee members are appointed by the order of the minister of Education and Science of the RA.
5. In the process of distributing the entry places among the students by the established order of the government with full compensation of the tuition (free of charge) in Bachelor’s programme in the form of student scholarships, the preference is given to the specialties of particular importance for the Diaspora, such as armenology, pedagogy and those related to the field of art.
6. Diaspora Armenian and foreign students are to submit the following documents:
a. an application by the name of the RA minister of Education and Science
b. an application form given from the Ministry of Education and Science of the RA
c. the copies of all the pages of the passport
d. the copy of the birth certificate notarized by the state notary or a baptism certificate
e. the copy of (full) secondary general education graduation certificate notarized by the state notary or verified by the consul
f. health certificate on general health condition
g. four photographs of 3×4 size
h. those applying for professional postgraduate education are to submit a scientific paper on the specialty chosen
i. reference of working as a teacher within the Diaspora, if necessary.
7. The documents must be submitted to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Armenia either by the applicant personally or by the help of the diplomatic representations of the RA operating in foreign countries.