Erasmus + Programme
Key Action 1
International Credit Mobility Projects
Reference guide for Applicants – Student Mobility
SAFAA has bilateral agreements with a series of foreign institutions within the frames of which it actualizes student exchange http://www.yafa.am/?page_id=2813
Below you can find the conditions and required documents for students who want to participate in the short-term exchange.
The student can apply
- To study at a partner foreign institution for 2nd and 3rd years of Bachelor programme
- To study the 2nd semester of 1st year and 1st semester of the 2nd year Master programme
- In case he has a good academic standing: the GPA for Bachelor programme students must be not less than 3.4 and for Master programme students- 3.6
- If he knows the required foreign language
- English B1 level
- French; A2 for Bachelor programme and B1 for Master programme
- Italian; A2 for Bachelor programme and B1 for Master programme
Deadlines to be followed by outgoing students on exchange bases and within Erasmus+ mobility programme:
- The SAFAA student must turn to the International Relations department through the period between February 1- March 1 for studying the 1st semester abroad, and as for the 2nd semester, he must apply between September 10- October 10.
The student must
- write a permission letter-application to the Rector
- submit a recommendation letter issued by the chair, dean or a teaching lecturer
- submit a motivation letter
- submit a portfolio (in a pdf or a power point format) containing 15-20 best works and their description (name, material, size, date) in English, or another language required by the certain institution.
- submit a CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- two photos (passport size, 3×4 cm)
- passport and its copy (the passport is returned immediately after it is compared with the original)
- submit a transcript of records (requested from the students registrar department) and its notarised translation
- language certificate based on the requirements of the certain foreign institution (see the language requirements above)
The requirements for the incoming students on exchange and Erasmus+ mobility programme
- The student must complete the SAFAA application form with signature and send via e-mail to SAFAA e-mail address (the original must be taken when arriving) link to http://www.yafa.am/en/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Application_YSAFA.pdf
- The foreign institution sends all the documents of the student via e-mail, then by regular mail. The package of documents must include students personal data, faculty, specialty, and current academic year/semester, attach the student’s passport scan or copy, portfolio, transcript of records, motivation letter, recommendation letter.
- The foreign institution and the incoming student chose from the SAFAA course catalogue the relevant subjects and sends back to SAFAA.
- The foreign institution, the student and the receiving institution sign a trilateral agreement in 3 equal originals before the mobility starts.
- The Erasmus+ student completes the application form composed and required within Erasmus+ programme.
After completing his mobility period at YSAFA, the student is given the following documents:
- Transcript of records that contains all the courses taken at SAFAA with relevant ECTS, hours and grades and also the description of grading system is attached.