Higher Education Network for Human Capital Assessment and Graduate Employability in Armenia
The HEN-GAER project (www.hen-gear.net) aims at uphold the higher education reforms and modernization process in place in Eastern Neighboring Area, by addressing quality assessment and support of graduates’ employability in Armenia. Despite important steps in moving towards further integration of employment policy into the overall policy framework (2008-2012 Sustainable Development Programme-SDP) youth unemployment remains a serious issue. Moreover, current information base do not allow monitoring of the training system, the labor market, and the link between them, to forecast skills requirements of the labor market and training needs (World Bank 2006). The project will thus support Armenian Universities in identifying instruments and methodologies to improve the effectiveness of education system through the implementation, at local level, of a graduates database system that, following the Almalaurea model in Italy, pursue two main goals:
1. provide an efficient tool to Universities and Government for the monitoring of long lasting impact of HE on society and improving educational supply accordingly;
2. supporting employability and collaboration between education and business sector.
The system will allow enterprises to search for graduates to employ according to specific skill needs while allowing graduates comprehensive and democratic access to labour market.
Link to HEN-GEAR platform: international.almalaurea.it/Armenia/
The projects aims at establish an integrated demand supply matching model based on the graduates’ database designed for:
• collect and analyze data on university and graduates performances (providing reliable, continuous and updated documentation for assessing the HE system at support of the ongoing reform process
• facilitate the placement of graduates in the labour market (ensuring a better match between education and employment)
• improve internal and external efficiency of the higher education system
• Implement the Armenian database of university graduates
• Produce the first Armenian Graduates Profile Survey
• Design of the first Armenian Graduates Job conditions Survey (one year after graduation)
• Set up a Qualified System of Armenian Graduates Placement